It’s been like a million years since I’ve updated my blog, which I used to do every day, or at least every other day. What’s wrong with me? Am I just losing interest and/or energy? It takes a lot of energy to constantly be on the lookout for interesting things to write about. Or maybe I’m simply lazy.
Regardless, I’ve been writing a bit on Jay DeFeo, a legendary Bay Area artist who has a retrospective at the Whitney opening soon, and this is her posed naked in front of The Rose, her most famous painting, which is really so heavy and layered with oil paint that it’s more like a sculpture. Weighing almost a ton, measuring approximately 8x11 feet tall, and so labor intensive it took DeFeo almost ten years to make, it’s really quite something. I can’t wait to see it in person and then get naked in front of it.
- categoricallyimpaired likes this
- thomasbolt likes this
- zombienormal likes this
- jedmiracle likes this
- promieniowanie likes this
- ffactory reblogged this from davideveritthowe and added:
- modernrevival likes this
- mossreachedlips likes this
- dynosaurusrex reblogged this from davideveritthowe
- kellylauderdale likes this
- nicholas-buffon likes this
- davideveritthowe posted this